Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Five and Still Alive

This picture was taken on a hike we did at Volcano National Park

I feel like coming back into the blogging world wouldn't be the same without a re-introduction ;) I started this blog back in 2013 to document the first year of our "new" life. We started homeschooling that year and we had a new pregnancy. We started a real focus on eating as organically as we could. A year full of firsts. I know that I'm back to blogging for a different reason than when I started. After giving birth to our last child, the last for our family, I felt the need to be apart of something. Obviously, I couldn't leave my home and honestly don't want to. Now, blogging is my creative outlet. A place to put my thoughts, a place to share my creativity, and a place to escape my world as I know it.

I'm not ashamed to admit when things don't work out for me and I'm most definitely not afraid of admitting my mistakes. Homeschooling was never a mistake. It was one of the greatest learning experiences of my life. After the birth of our fourth child, it became difficult for me to stay on top of things. I felt that I was doing a disservice to my children. My point of view on that last statement has changed as I developed a better sense of myself and my children. With the help of a friend, I found an amazing charter school close to home. I met with the teachers and sat in on some lessons. The children's new school definitely made my transition out of homeschooling easier. I can't say that I'm completely finished with homeschooling. All I know is that I am a lot better equipped to deal with life than I was two years ago.

This new chapter of my blog will entail a lot more "mom" posts than before. Next week, I will be showcasing "Moments of Motherhood." This is a week dedicated to moms! I will share with you the things I did for myself to help me find happiness. Some of the topics I'll be discussing...


  • Closing the Books on Pregnancy..what now and how to move on.
  • Postpartum Anxiety...yes, it's a real thing. Also we'll take a closer look at placenta encapsulation. It's not as weird as you think.
  • Mommy Makeover! New moms don't have time for a visit to the salon. How to cut your hair in beautiful layers-YOURSELF!!!
  • Finding Yourself (again)
  • Working Out!!

Now that you know what to expect, I hope you love it <3 This helps me in more ways than one, so I'm just happy to be back. The kids are asleep*, I have an ice cold beer, a deck of cards, and a handsome hubby calling my name. Til next time!!

*Stay tuned for my post on how I get ALL five kids asleep. And ALL three down for a nap ;) Hubby and wife time is important to me. Let me help you!















No comments:

Post a Comment